Tuesday

Angry Bird Cake-- With Fondant pigs nest and eggs.

 Hello Sweetpeas!!! Happy New Year. I wish the new year to become of the best years that will make a mark in your life's timeline. My new years resolution is to be Satisfied with what I have and get. To reduce my wishes and wants and control my desires.  My very sweet Sister in law send me a list of resolution for a happy life, I am sharing with you the list as it is really amazing;


A very nice set of resolutions for the new year !!!

💞Handbook 2013💞

              👉HEALTH👈

🔹Drink plenty of water.☑

🔹Eat Breakfast like a king, Lunch like a prince & Dinner like a beggar.☑

🔹Live with the 3 E's--
        Energy,
        Enthusiasm &
        Empathy.☑

🔹Make time to pray.☑

🔹Play more games.☑

🔹Read more books than you did in 2012.☑

🔹Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.☑

🔹Sleep for 7 hours.☑

🔹Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily And while you walk, Smile.☑

    ➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

          👉PERSONALITY👈
🔹Don't over do. Keep your limits.☑

🔹Don't take urself so seriously. No one else does.☑

🔹Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.☑

🔹Dream more while you are awake.☑

🔹Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.☑

🔹Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past.
     That will ruin your present Happiness.☑

🔹Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.☑

🔹Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.☑

🔹No one is in charge of your happiness except you.☑

🔹Smile and laugh more.☑

🔹You don't have to win every argument,Agree to disagree.☑

     ➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰


               👉SOCIETY👈

🔹Call your family often.☑

🔹Each day give something good to others.☑

🔹Forgive everyone for everything.☑

🔹Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.☑

🔹Try to make at least three people smile each day.☑

🔹What other people think of you is none of your business.☑

     ➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

                  👉LIFE👈

🔹Do the right thing!☑

🔹GOD heals everything.☑

🔹However good or bad a situation is, it will  change.☑

🔹No matter how you feel, Get up, Dress up and Show up. The best is yet to come.☑

🔹When awake in the morning thank GOD for it.☑

🔹Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy. ☑


Try a few things daily and hopefully year 2013 will be a happy new year for you!!!!!


Coming back to Angry Bird cake. Munchkin had his birthday in December, and since siblings follow each others trends, he too wanted an Angry bird cake. I am like what's the deal with the angry birds anyways. His underpants is Angry birds, his socks are Angry bird socks and his Birthday Shirt was Angry bird shirt. The cake at school was 30 Angry bird cupcakes. I found the cake topper rings in a craft store which saved the day or else I would have to make around 30 angry bird faces free hand on all those cupcakes. I could have done any angry bird image on the cake, but if you know me, I get bored easily, I had already done the image cake, this time I challenged myself to do something more. Few surfing's later I found  a cool way of celebrating angry bird cake. I decided to let the kids play with the cake after the cake was cut. If only I knew a way to upload the fun the kids had blowing the pigs. I won the Best MOM Award for letting the kids blow up the cake, so cool, one of the young guests exclaimed to munchkin, that he had the best and coolest mom. Was I on cloud Nine that day!!!

I used the birds and the catapult that came with the kit, rest all is hand made from fondant. The pigs, nest and eggs were made with lots of love and loads of anxiety. I have better pictures in my bigger camera, for now these will have to do the job. Hope you enjoy the efforts.

The cake is a choc and vanilla cake form boxed mix and the icing is as always whipped cream icing.
** Whipped Cream icing can be made by using simply Heavy Whipping Cream and Conf Sugar,, The Rec is as Follows..
One Cup heavy Whipping Cream
Half Cup Conf Sugar
**One packet Instant pudding mix. OR IF desired One Packet Unflavored Gelatin dissolved in water.-- OPTIONAL

Take a bigger bowl and keep some ice cubes in that.. Over the cubes place anr bowl. Take one cup cream and add sugar and Pudding mix( if needed )... and beat with electric mixer for about 5-7 mins on medium till soft peaks are on the blade. The icing is ready.


I had fun making these pigs and the cake. Wish me luck and happiness that I keep making such cakes, and challenging myself in thinking I can do it. I want to exceed my expectations from myself and bring to you something new, unusual and yet traditional in many ways for year 2013.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Ansh| Spiceroots said...

So adorably cute!! You are a great mom!

Zari(Nilam) said...

Well done....

hotpotcooking said...

Nice start for 2013 , wonderful limes and the cake looks wonderful, nice work

divya said...

OMG.....no word.....great job dear!!

Manasi said...

I would have loved this too, have ur fun and eat it too!
it looks fantastic :)
Wishing u loads of luck with ur resolutions!
Hugs!

runnergirlinthekitchen.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely lovely cake and such a big effort to make perfect angry birds! I so wish I could have a piece of cake right now :)
Mala angry birds nakki shikav :)

Blackswan said...

U naughty Ash! R u tempting me with your cartoon cakes again?? U know I'm a huge fan of Angry Birds, don't u? I want this for my next birthday!!