Friday

Pineapple Upside Down cake

December is the time for year ending, throwing away the old and bringing in the new and making way for new resolutions, some do able and some realistic. Ending the year on indulge-ashsconer on  a sweeter note and keeping with my resolution to eat healthy, I present this cake to you sans any icing, because it really does not need any icing or sugar or even a dusting of sugar on it. It is pretty as is and tastes even divine without any ornaments.
 
I have been baking a storm since past few days, being the holiday season and also being the potluck time. Mr. Ash had a bring in a breakfast/cookie exchange at work, so I made 4 dozen of my old and trusted Chocolate Chip cookies. Then kids wanted me to make something for them, something that I had never made before. I was searching for that something special, when I found the can of pineapple slices calling my name. What better than this, for that something special, something different and something new.

I prepared the batter with my Vanilla Cake recipe. To make the pineapple upside down cake, butter the bottom of the pan that you want to bake the cake in, then sprinkle the base with Brown sugar and then arrange the pineapple slices with a cherry in the center and then pour the cake batter over it and bake as recommended.

After baking and 10 minutes cooling time, invert the pan and let the cake cool on  a rack. I did not use  a lot of butter and lot of sugar, just barely sprinkled it, but you can use  a whole  lot, the melted sugar and butter gives out very nice caramelized taste.


Hope you make this today.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Blackswan said...

Gosh, this dessert looks gorgeous & makes me drool! Thks for following & I'm stalking u too! Looking fwd to sharing, not just on food :) Happy 2012!

Kavi said...

Wow.. the pineapples look beautiful in the cake! :) Happy New Year!
-
Kavi
(Edible Entertainment)
Ongoing events:
Jingle All The Way &
Microwave Easy Cooking

Manasi said...

Oh how i love pineapple upside down cake!
U made me long for it, must make it in the new year now!

Happy new year to u and urs!

Square Meals said...

Absolutely gorgeous :-)

Aparna from Square Meals

Unknown said...

its perfect!...nice to end the year with an yummy cake!...Happy New Year to u and ur family!

Julie said...

yummilicious n perfect!!

Ongoing Event -Christmas Delicacy (15 Nov-31 Dec 2011)
Erivum Puliyum

PrathibhaSreejith said...

A cake that can never go wrong, I love them..

Wishing you and family a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2012 :)

Only Fish Recipes said...

wow...cake looks fabulous...wishing u n ur family a very happy new year :-)

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Delicious looking one.
A very Happy New Year to you and your family.

Teena said...

Lovely & yummy cake! Thanks for sharing :)