Thursday

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie


Come December and we all are set to welcome Mr.Santa and his tired reindeer Rudolph with the red nose.. After coming to the US and especially after having kids, it has become a tradition to mix some oats and coloured sugar and sprinkle it on the grass the night before Christmas.This is for the tired reindeer's, so they can rest and have a bite before they rush to their jobs of delivering toys to kids worldwide. My kids make it a point to keep some cookies with a glass of milk for Mr. Claus as well, hoping that this gesture will be remembered by Santa's elves the next year, when they account the good V. bad behavior.

So, Mr. Ash and myself gear up every December as Mr. Claus and Elf respectively and account for all the good deeds on behalf of our children and get them toys under the tree. Someone needs to be Santa's special helpers, you see.

Each year I make special cookies for Santa (Mr.Ash), and since this particular Santa dislikes peanut butter, I make Chocolate Chip cookies; But come on now, same cookies every year, makes zero sense, so to jazz it up, i have used three kinds of chocolate for my cookies here


Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies


2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c butter, softened
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c granulated sugar
3.4 oz (96 g)-2 pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 c mix of semi-sweet chocolate chips. milk chocolate chips and M& M candies
4 Mini Marshmallows per cookie-Optional


Preheat your oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and
fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and beat in the pudding
mix. Scrape the bowl again and add the eggs one at a time, beating
well and scraping the bowl after each addition eggs. Add vanilla. Add half of the pre-mixed dry ingredients to the batter and mix just to combine. Scrape down the bowl and add the remaining half, mixing until fully incorporated. Stir in the mix of M& M Candies and chocolate chips.

* I prepared the dough and froze it for about 4 days. When I had to bake the cookies, I thawed the dough and then with one tbspn measure , portioned the cookies on the lined cookie tray and baked in preheated oven @ 350 for 9 mins. After the 9th Min mark, I added a smile with 4 mini marshmallows and let it sit in the hot oven for about 2 minutes. The heat was just enough to melt the marshmallows and the smile on my kids face to melt my heart.


 I am sending this entry to Edible Entertainment's event Jingle all the way!!


Roundup to this event is here


and to Bake Fest


Love Ash.

10 comments:

Neetz said...

they look like they r smiling at me ready to be eaten!!!.. yummy !!

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Delicious and lovely cookies...

Radhika said...

They look so perfect Ash. Thanks for linking it to the event. BTw, could you please send me the picture by mail to ticklingpalates@gmail.com. You have disabled right click and I'm unable to update the roundup without a click. :)

Kavi said...

*Slurp* Perfect cookies for the season! :) Thanks so much for linking it to my event! :)
-
Kavi | Edible Entertainment
Ongoing events:
Jingle All The Way &
Microwave Easy Cooking

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Yummy looking one, looks fantastic.

Sangeetha M said...

delicious looking cookies...great treat for choco lovers like me :) if you wish you can also send it to my event also ..

Spicy Treats
Ongoing Event : Bake Fest # 2
Do participate in My 300th Post Giveaway

Priya Suresh said...

Scrumptious and quite addictive cookies..

Fahad Khan said...

Nothing is better than a glass of hot milk and and a large,chocolate chip cookie,before going to sleep on a cold,winter night.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas.:-)

Quirky Jessi said...

I love, love, love the smiley faces. I sometimes do it with chocolate chips, but hadn't thought to bring in marshmallows and M&Ms.

Kavi said...

Hi Ash! Thanks so much for participating in Jingle All The Way. I’ve posted the Roundup here. Do have a look.
Also, I’m hosting Kid's Delight - Something Sweet for Jan 16th-Feb15th 2012. I would love to have your posts linked there. :-)
-
Kavi (Edible Entertainment)