Monday

Batman the Dark Knight on the bowling track Cake


Hello Dearies!! how is life treating you? the last few days have been busy for peeps in Ashland. The school started with a bang and then Ms. Ash banged herself on the floor. I had a small smack on my wrist. I know born with two left feet, that's Ms. Ash. anyway, that is not why I am here, so back to this cake. The cake is  a dream come true for one of our sweet buddies who turned 8. Ever since I made the bowling pins birthday cake, I have had over dozen requests to make the same bowling pins cake. This friend is no different and as he is a die hard Batman fan, who modified the challenge by asking me to use his favorite toy on the cake. What a mom to do? I casually asked him what he imagined the batman doing in  a bowling alley, I was so naive in thinking he will want just the figure with a bowling ball in hand, instead he wanted the batman full on action on his bike  kind of wrecking the pins!!!! He also wished a specific toy that he wanted to be on the cake.



There is no recipe as such for the cake, I made from the box, for the lack of time and convenience the boxed mixes offers to me. We used basic vanilla  and chocolate cake mix poured alternatively in the pan to get the swirl cake pattern. Here are the cut picture of the swirls.



The icing is whipped cream pudding icing.

** Whipped Cream icing can be made by using simply Heavy Whipping Cream and Conf Sugar,, The Rec is as


Follows..
One Cup heavy Whipping Cream
Half Cup Conf Sugar
**One packet Instant pudding mix. OR
IF desired One Packet Unflavored Gelatin dissolved in water.

Take a bigger bowl and keep some ice cubes in that.. Over the cubes place anr bowl. Take one cup cream and add sugar and Pudding mix( if needed )... and beat with electric mixer for about 5-7 mins on medium till soft peaks are on the blade. The icing is ready.
 I guess I achieved the main condition set my my 8 year old client.

What do you think about my efforts? do I pass the test? Would you give me  a high five or thumbs down. The mom told me that the kids had a blast over the cake and the birthday boy even told people not to miss the cake as it would be  a never seen before cake for sure.




8 comments:

Blackswan said...

OMG, this is simply mission impossible for me! My bday is coming, won't u make me one?? Hahaha!

Unknown said...

@ Shirley, anytime girl. Only problem is figuring how do I send it to SG.
Love Ash.

Manasi said...

Kids and their fantastic ideas! what follows is a fantastic cake! Love everything about it!

I wish I was a young kid to have all these super cool cakes!

Priya Suresh said...

Wow, wat a fabulous cake, cant take my eyes from those mindblowing clicks.

Anusha said...

Ash here you go again and wow me with your beautiful cake!! if that s how gorgeous the cake how can someone slice into it!

Balvinder said...

I checked it said , Your comment has been saved and will be visible after the author's approval.

So, Was your son's friend happy to find his choice of character on the cake.? The cake looks fab! Today is my Anniversary, Can you send me a lovely cake.
Cheers:)

Unknown said...

@Balvinder..If you were closer, I would have delivered the cake to you, but can surely send you an e-cake and virtual wishes for your anniversary. God bless you both with all the happiness and many many yrs of warmth and love.
Love Ash.

Unknown said...

Hey.. love the dish :)
Have an award for you on my blog, do collect it!