Tuesday

Lotion Bars with 3 simple ingredients.

Fall is in the air and in Ashland!!!  Really every thing is falling in its place for sure. School started and routine fell in its place, kids  went back to school falling deep into the books. With fall comes the worry of chapped lips and cracked heels for most of us. I usually hunt for coupons during this time of the year to stock up on the usual petroleum jelly, moisturizing lotion and Aveeno Lotions. Why you ask, because peeps in Ashland are blessed with rough a d dry skin. My Munchkin gets irritated with rashes and red blotches due to dryness. He itches till the point it starts bleeding. Donut refuses to apply any cream or lotion as it makes him sticky and shiny all day and kids kind of make fun of him. My hunt for an all body suave ended when I came across two of the most helpful sites. Wellness mama and crunchy betty. I mean they are the best when it comes to wellness the pantry way. If you remember I made home made lotion and lip balm not many days ago, I made them again and again. This time I set them in these cute molds from IKEA. I wanted some thing to carry with me in small boxes which were not messy, easy to carry and would not leak or spill in my tote. These lotion bars solve all the hurdles and they work from hair to cuticle. Apply bit of it on wet damp hair and say bye bye to frizz., apply on cracked heels at night and say hello to pampered feet. The recipe is simple and needs only 3 simple ingredients. The oils can be changed as per your likes


You will need;

 Bees wax
 Coconut Oil
 Olive Oil
 All the above 3 in equal parts.

For the lotion bars, take bees wax, olive oil and coconut oil in same proportion and melt in a glass jar in double boiler. if you want to add in essential oils or essence add in after the base oils melt, once all is melted, set in molds. or in small jars. use as you like.

So what are we waiting for, welcome to the wonders of your kitchen and get set go on making all natural, easy on your pocket and good for you treats.


6 comments:

Manasi said...

These are really very very good! I can vouch for that!
I am so waiting for fall in Texas!
Love the mold and I want to say, thanks for the lovely shell-mold u sent for me :)

virunthu unna vaanga said...

never seen anywhere.... but looks so good...
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

Priya Suresh said...

Wow fantastic lotion bars, will go for searching bees wax in Paris..thanks for sharing.

Anjali Bapna Shukla said...

From where did you get bees wax?
This is an amazing post. I just loved it. :)

Ongoing Event: Cooking Made Easy With Chocolates/Cocoa

Unknown said...

I ordered beeswax online. But we get it in any craft store here.
Love ash.

Blackswan said...

U're so talented, Ash! Hope u're recovering well.