Wednesday

Vinayak Chaturthi- Ganpati Bappa Morya!!!!!

 Hello Dearies!! Today no story, no write up, just a glimpse of how I celebrated the Vinayak Chaturthi/ ganpati bappa at my home. I did the modak and the puja before coming to work. For the modak recipe, refer my previous post. Only change I did this time was make the stuffing in a Microwave. What can electronics do for you.. Save time. I made the stuffing in less than 5 minutes. The first minute was to melt the jaggery, than 2 mins for the cooking, stirring in between and anr 2  mins to end the cooking process.. How easy can this get. I made around 18-20 modaks in less than 45-50 mins.



Hope that Ganapti Bappa blesses you all with health, wealth and wisdom.






Photobucket

8 comments:

virunthu unna vaanga said...

lovely modaks...
HAPPY VINAYAGAR CHATHURTHI TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
Today: My Glass Painting of Vinayagar
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

Blackswan said...

Hey Ash, these look like our Chinese dumplings! What's the filling inside? Is it sweet?

May Ganapti Bappa blesses u too!

Unknown said...

@Shirley,
These are stuffed with sweet jaggery and coconut and then steamed. they do look like Chinese dumplings.
recipe you will find at;
http://indulge-ashscorner.blogspot.com/2010/09/ukdiche-modak.html
Love Ash.

Priya Suresh said...

Happy vinayagar chathurthi wishes to you too..Yummy modaks.

Manasi said...

Ganpati Bappa Morya!!!!
Lovely, lovely modak!

Balvinder said...

I have traveled to many places in India but never get a chance to see how Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated but have seen in movies a lot.

Today I saw modak recipe at some other blog also and did not know that it is naturally gluten free.Happy V G Chaturthi!!!

Radhika said...

that's a nice post! didn't think of microwave for modaks:) i like the ganesha symbolism picture...hope u had a great festival...the new background looks good for the blog.

Ezcookbook said...

delicious modakam!!!! ongoing event-Prasadam Special!!!