Monday

Date Cake

This is very nice and keepsake rec for a very simple cake. I was searching for some eggless cake rec. when Google search took me to this rec on aayi's Blog...I did try this with the Baking Powder version, but guess it did not work for me.. so I substituted it with ENO-Fruit Salt.. which can be found in any Indian Grocery store...It's basic use to relive from Gas Trouble but ppl like me use it for Baking too...I used to use ENO for Dhokhla, (will update the rec in the coming months)...but that gave me an idea.. so now its  a sure hit...I did not wnat to use a lott of frosting and kill the taste of this cake.. The dates give it a nice velvet taste which is not very strong to stand on its own...so I used the simple fork and spoon and dusting powdered sugar technique...The cake is  asure hit in evry home and sweet memories for you and your family...

The rec is at;

With dates of Love
Ash.

6 comments:

Pavithra Srihari said...

wow .. love your spoon and fork work .. superb it looks ... u used eno salt for a cake ?? it worked well ??? oh man thats damn cool

Unknown said...

Thanks Pavithra.. I add ENO in all eggless Cake rec's... the results have never dispapointed me as yet...Only thing is once u open the ENO bottle store it in the Freezer and not the Fridge....Try it and let me know please....

Anonymous said...

Hello dear... Nice cakes and very nice blog. You are an inspiration. Good work... keep it up.

Can you please share your basic eggless cake recipe in detail. I need to try that...

Unknown said...

Hi Anonymous;
Sorry you did not sign your name..Thanks for reading my Blog and all the nice words...
The eggless cake rec. is at;
http://indulge-ashscorner.blogspot.com/search/label/Cake%20Mania?updated-max=2009-03-05T06%3A56%3A00%2B05%3A30&max-results=20

Also. If you follow the blog, you will find one post of egg Substitutes...or simply add one tbspn Vinegar for one egg in any rec which asks for eggs....I add ENO-Fruit Salt which works for me...Try and then decide what works for you!! I have tried Vinegar and Flax seeds...But MY family did not like the Barn taste when I use Flax seed and Vinegar I dont alwyas have on hand..
Love Ash.

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for rec... can you give me rec with ENO fruit salt? how much do you use that? did you tried that with readymade cake mixes?

Love Tanvi

Unknown said...

Hi Tanvi;
Thanks for your comments.. I did try it with the Betty croker ready Mix...I added 1 Tspn of the ENO at the last minute.. Just before adding the mix to the greased pan...I normally add the ENO same as the amount of baking soda used in the rec...I dont add both though.. Like Bkg Pwdr and Soda.. I add only ENO..Hope this helps you..