Wednesday

Black Forest Cake



This cake I made specially for my Three adorable men.. my three musketeers// for rec foll Vah Chef's rec.
Many of my Friends have Been asking me for the rec.. The recipe is simple.. bake two chocolate cakes... and whipped cream icing. See my blog for rec for whipped cream icing...THe link to the rec. of whipped cream icing is;


http://indulge-ashscorner.blogspot.com/2009/06/whipped-cream-icing-cake.html


Assembling the cake is an art...
You Will need.. choc cake layer minimum two..
Shaved Dark Chocolate--One bar will do
Whipped Cream icing.. Minimum 2 cups...
Cherries for decoration
half cup sugar syrup
Take the plate.. place one layer of the cake.. prick with a fork. moist with sugar syrup...you can add half cup Rum to the sugar syrup....then ice with cream.. spread chopped cherries.. place anr layer of the cake.. moist with sugar syrup.. and ice the sides... and the top... make nice borders or laces with the cream... then dust the chocolate shavings over the cake top and sides.... and arrange cherries on the top....
NJoii the Black Forest cake.........Hope you will update me on how it tasted and pics if possible........

2 comments:

Amrita said...

Hi !

I tried out the black forest... it was fun making it. My cake was a little more moist than I hoped. I guess thats coz I made it eggless.

The cake was loved by all my friends... Thank you so much for your encouragement and the recipe. Best !

Amrita said...

HI !

I tried out the recipe. It turned out really great ! All my friends loved it.

Here is a link to my pictures -
http://rannaghor-theke.blogspot.com/2009/07/black-forest-cake.html

Thanks so much !!!!