Hello Sweetpeas!!! Since many of you wanted to learn the white chocolate fondant, I am sharing with you my trusted recipe. I am keeping this post short and sweet and only giving you the source. Enjoyy and do make some great cakes, It is a no brain work, really. The art pieces are truly delicious and easy to create. Its like going back to childhood and recreating magic with edible play dough.
I am simply Copying the whole thing. I followed it to the T, and the results were great.
- 14 ounces white chocolate
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup ( Karo)
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler.
- Transfer white chocolate to a bowl and stir in syrup.
- It will look like the syrup is separating from the mix, but cover it with saran wrap and let sit 24 hours.
- After 24 hrs, it will be hard, but knead until smooth. You can put it briefly in the microwave to make it easier to get out of the bowl. Sometimes lumps have formed, but if you keep kneading you can get these out. Knead a small portion at a time if it's more manageable. If it gets too soft, refrigerate briefly. Do not over work mixture as it becomes oily.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out to approximately 1/8 inch thickness onto a Roll & Cut Mat (or nonstick paper like wax paper) using powdered sugar or cornstarch to prevent sticking.
- To Tint: Add Wilton gel color to fondant and knead in color until well blended.
- To Store: Wrap with saran wrap and place in a sealed bag or container and store in the refrigerator or at room temperature until ready for use.
- Note: Preparation time does not include the 24 hour hold.