Thursday

Date with Choc Walnut Cake-- Eggless


The name says it all...eversince I tried the date cake from Shilpa's blog.. I am Hooked.. and so is everyone at home.. They want the same cake in a different version...So I Crooked the rec a bit here and bit there and added what I felt like on eating that day, and the outcome was this cake... My elder son runs away form the word Health food as he thinks Healthy food is minus all good stuff....so he begs me to let him have JUNK Food like all other COOL Moms do....so this is MY WAY of letting him have his portion of JUNK food in my own healthy way.. with the mercury dropping and the winter setting in, my home will be seeing this cake  a whole lot of times than ever before..as Dates, Walnuts and Fat go well with winter comfort foods....the rec is as;

You will need
18 dates soaked in 3/4th cup Warm milk
Sugar- 1 Cup
Oil- 1/3rd Cup
Vanilla-1tsp
Cinnamon Spice-1 Tsp
Walnuts- 1Tbspn
Whole Wheat Flour-3/4th Cup and 1/4th Cup Maida.. or you can use 1 Cup Maida + 2tbspn unsweetened Cocoa powder.. mix well and keep aside
Bkg Soda-1Tsp..(I used ENO-Fruit Salt)

__ Make  a paste of sugar and the soaked Dates in a grinder....to this paste add the oil, vanilla, Cinnamon powder and mix well... then add the flour  one big spoon at a time.. keep whisking ti;; all the flour and the wet mix gets incorporated....then add nuts and lastly ENO...

In a well greased pan, pour the mix and bake in a pre-heated oven @ 375.. for about 35-40 mins or till the knife comes out clean...

This cake tastes yumm if you can wait for a day or so after baking....have it  a day after.. and I guarantee that you will  get aaddicted to this cake..


Till I bake again;
Love Ash.

7 comments:

Manasi said...

Oh I know all about the junk food over health food funda, I was one of 'em kids too :)
Dates and walnut are a match made in heaven! I love it.

Unknown said...

Thanks Manasi;
As kids guess we all are JUNK Food lovers.. and when we do become MOMS.. suddenly we suddenly start reading labels, counting Cals., sodium and so on...
Love Ash.

Unknown said...

This is a perfect way to get it into my kids tummy...choc + health...moist too

Design Village said...

Thanks for sharing a great recipe!! This looks delicious. I will save the recipe and try it.
neelam

Vrushali said...

Yummy ...as i say Solid :)

Manali said...

Ashwini....cake looks awesome, can't wait to try. I am going to try using soymilk instead of milk. Will keep you posted...:)

Manali.

Unknown said...

Hi Manali;
YOu Back in action after long.. will be posting a vanilla cake receipe with oil and buttermilk.. tried it yesterday, the cake turned out nice and moist...will upload in a few days...
Love Ash.