Monday

Elmo cake

As promised I am back with a couple more cakes.. My Younger Son loves; absolutely adores Elmo.. so I made this cake for his 2nd Birthday. I was running out fo time, so this time I made the cakes from the boxed mix.. but added orange extract and substituted butter with Applesauce and used just one egg for the whole cake. Next time I make a cake from the boxed mix, am going to make it eggless.

The filling is Orange Marmalde jkam filling with whipped cream icing.

Whipped Cream icing rec can be found at;

http://indulge-ashscorner.blogspot.com/2009/06/whipped-cream-icing-cake.html

Now back to the Elmo cake.
I did not wnat to use a whole lott of red colour icing on the cake, yet wanted to have the Elmo on the cake, so I altered the design of the cake... Hope you enjoy it as much asThe kids at my party did.....



Hope you all love it as much as we did making it!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Sayli said...

awesome dear!

Manasi said...

Looks wonderful, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it just as much as ur little guests !