Monday

Atte ka halwa

Atte ka halwa

Hello Sweeties!!! Today I bring to you kankecha sheera or atte ka halwa. I never liked it as a kid whenever I ate it, maybe the texture or the whole healthy eating bug had not caught me then. If I ever ate any halwa it had to be only sooji and nothing else.

That changed after coming here and see many people relish this healthy snack.

You will need;
1  cup of wheat flour,
1 cup sugar
3 cups water 
5 tbspns Ghee-Clarified butter
1 tsp Elaichi or Cardamom Powder
1 tbspn Cashew nuts powdered -Optional
1tbspn Raisins Optional

In a pan/wok, heat the ghee over medium or low flame and then add the wheat flour, roast the mixture stirring continuously, till the flour changes colour and the nutty aroma fills the house. 
 
Simultaneously boil the sugar+water mixture and once boiled, add the mixture  to the roasted flour and continue stirring...the atta/flour mixture will be slightly wet, cover for 5 minutes, taking care that the halwa is not getting burnt, if needed reduce the heat  to low, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. 
 
Then add the saffron, elaichi and the raisins( I did not add anything). Serve hot.

Photobucket

No comments: