Monday

Gulkand/Rose Petal jam Homemade IceCream

Gulkand/Roase Petal jam Homemade IceCream

Dear Sweeties!!! June is celebration time. I have a June Birthday and a June Anniversary which falls a day apart. So desserts and sweets are  a staple around this time.

Munchkin declared its way too weird for the birthday girl to bake her own cake, so Mr. Ash got it from a local bakery which was ohh sooo good!!!

I had gifted myself an ice-cream maker last birthday which failed me a couple of time. As a result I shoved it to the back of the cabinet to be forgotten.

But it was giving me glances/hints certifying I am good if only you know how to use it!!! My cousin moved closer around that time and has been making killer ice-cream at home ever since. I always wondered what is it that her ice-cream makes so good ice -cream and mine is a waste.

She showed me the tricks and the key was to freeze the bowls that came along with the machine for a good day or so, she keeps them permanently in the freezer. 

I tried and it sort of worked for me; I mean when I added the liquids it instantly froze in the bowls creating a thin line of cream and then the ice cream. The thin line of cream never got mixed in the ice cream.

Second try, I had some leftover icing from some cake, but no flavorings to be added and no fruit also that would taste fine. I had eaten a Gulkand/rose petal jam ice cream before, OMG!!!! what exotic flavors and what exotic taste. So It had to be a Gulkand Ice cream for our special day!!

Hamilton Beach Ice cream maker is what I used. Only prob is it makes halfpint, so its good for family of four, but for entertaining, I might have to do it a couple of times ahead and store in another box. 

You will need;
1 Cup heavy Whipping Cream
1/3 rd Cup Conf Sugar
2 tbspn Gulkand/Rose Petal jam- store brought.
 
Take a bigger bowl and keep some ice cubes in that.. Over the cubes place anr bowl. Take one cup cream and add sugar and  mix. Beat with electric mixer for about 5-7 mins on medium till soft peaks are on the blade. The icing is ready. Add the gulkand and mix well.

Pour this in the ice cream maker and churn for 10-12 mins. The frozen soft serve is ready. If you want harder ice-cream, cover the bowls with some cling film/plastic wrap and set in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Welcome the goodness and all vegetarian ice-cream at home.

Photobucket

No comments: