Monday

Baby in a Bathtub Cake for a Babyshower





This is the bath tub cake I made for a Friend who is welcoming a girl baby this summer......more pics I will upload shortly.. but a sneak peak of whats keep me busy and away from the blog land. Everything on the cake is edible...the tub is covered with Pepperidge farm chocolate wafers and  baby is a giant marshmallow cut and twisted to form a figure 8 (Tip to cut a marshmallow is to spary the scissors with PAM or oil Spray as then the marshmallow will not stick to the blades while cutting).. I used edible black gel pen to draw eyes and facial features...and even made a soap, scrubber and a towel from good old fondant....and some bath toys(Goldfish)for the little one to soak in some spa indulgence.....the cake was basic vanilla cake with Nutella as filling and whipped cream icing.

I use my regular pound cake rec which is at;


http://indulge-ashscorner.blogspot.com/2009/02/basic-cake.html

Icing can be found at;


http://indulge-ashscorner.blogspot.com/2009/06/whipped-cream-icing-cake.html


Hopefully, the mom loved my efforts and here's wishing her a safe delivery!!! Waiting for the princess to rock her world....

Love,
Ash.

10 comments:

Manasi said...

Beautiful! I'm sure everyone loved this gorgeous cake :)
Do post all the details of the recipe, even if it is repeating it!

Unknown said...

Thanks Manasi. This is a very easy cake.. so did not write in detail, but will keep in mind the next time.. as always appreciate your tips and advices....I did not get a chance to take pciture's of the Individual items.. as I was running out of time and had to deliver this cake before the party time....for all the UH LA LA Action before the guest of honor arrived.....(yeah I am hungry for that)....but next time I will keep the Pictures as a show down of the whole thing....and YES this cake was the first to go.. the store brought was left to be enjoyed the next day!!!!!
Love Ash.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is really cute. I am a first time visitor to your blog, so I decided to take some time and browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Thanks Mary,
Would love to hear more from you. Words of apprecaition and advice keep me going!!!! Wishing you and your loved ones peace and Happiness
LOve Ash.

Sayli said...

cute cake dear... loved it.

Sayli said...

loved the cake dear...........just superb.

KrithisKitchen said...

Good idea... Lovely colors...
Krithi's Kitchen
Event: Serve It - Festival Potluck

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...fantastic preparation..
love ur cliks..:)
Tasty Appetite

Kavi said...

Hi, I am in love! :D WIth those chocolate cigars!
I've tried to make them but I don't exactly get it right. Did you make them yourself?

Anjali Shukla said...

Gosh, I can't believe that this one is a home-made one!
This is terrific, just so perfect in appeal. I loved your baking and would surely like to get some training sessions from you on this. By the way, do you take any classes in Bangalore??
Happily following you, and all thanks to 'Kavi' for introducing you with that guest post. :)

Ongoing Event: Cakes, Cookies and Desserts
http://anjali-cooklog.blogspot.com/2012/02/announcing-my-first-event-cakes-cookies.html