Wednesday

Tava Pulav



Recently I had  a party at home, and as usual had leftover Vegetable Pulav, IT often happens to me, as I am left with Pulav or Jeera Rice, which by itself is not enough, so I have to make a Curry or Dal again. After cooking for guests I am in no mood to spend time cooking again, so this rec helps me empty my Fridge once in a while and is very popular with kids and elders as well.

You will need;
2 cups cooked rice/ vegetable pulav or jeera rice
1/2 onion chopped
 1 small tomato
1 Tsp Ginger/ Garlic paste
1 Tsp pav bahji Masala
1/2 mix of chopped spriing onion/ corn peas pr any vegetable-- if you are using Rice without vegetable.
Oil for temnpering
Water as needed
Salt and Sugar

In a pan over medium heat, heat oil, add the ginger garlic paste, add the onions, tomatoes fry for 2 mins , then add the vegetables, add little watr and let cook for  1 minute, then add the pav bhaji masala, mix well, add salt and suagr, mix well and lastly add rice with little water. Stir well and cover. Cook for abt 3 mins.  The rice should not be liquidy but slightly sticky. once you get to this stage, the rice is done...garnish with Cilantrio or Spring Onion, add a dash of lime if needed and Njoii Tawa Pulav.

 Traditionally this is a Street food , which I have hogged on many years, when I was in college in Amchi Mumbai. Here in US, I missed those days and came back to my all time Fav food.
I do not have the big Tawa or Flat pan.. so I made it in a skillet/pan...but retained the name as  a  Memory for those bygone days.

5 comments:

Manasi said...

I think I have tasted this as well.. a wok will work as well, don't u think?

Unknown said...

nice idea..i always land in the similar situation..and im left with no option..looks nice too..

Unknown said...

Yes Manasi,
a wok will give this a traditional touch.. You can add in soy sauce also if you like.....

Unknown said...

Thanks Amisha...
Try karo.. Can guarantee, You will be making this opften.......

भानस said...

Hey Ashwini idea ekdam mast aahe. Will try and let u know.:)