Tuesday

Thai Macaroni



" Life happens when you are busy making other plans" is what kept me away from posting all of last week. I am really sorry for my MIA, but will definitely make up for my absence. I am a foodie and I love to experiment with different cuisines. We grew up on Indochinese food, so anything with soy sauce and chili paste strings a different chord in my taste buds. After coming to US, I was introduced to Thai food by Mr. Ash. Thai food is one of my weak points. I do not like using  a lot of coconut in my food, but there is something about the soft and silky coconut milk that steals my heart. This macaroni was an accident. I intended to make  a nice red sauce but it got way too hot and spicy for our taste buds. The time was ticking and I had no plans of making another dinner, so had to find  away to bring down the spice level. I remembered I had a can of coconut milk, my problem was solved. This macaroni turned out to be lip smacking good even on a busy work night. I usually boil any pasta and keep in the fridge for such busy nights or early mornings when I snooze the clock way too many times than I really should. I am not  a morning person and waking up with the cock is just not my thing. I am a true Gemini and can sleep any time of the day or night even after having coffee I sleep like a baby. My doctor even commented that I am truly blessed in all ways, be it sleep or be it pounds I got more than I need. Jokes apart, but always keep a serving of boiled pasta ready to make it into a cold salad, add it to any soup or simple any sauce, even ketchup if you like it.

You will need;
2 cups boiled macaroni
1/2 cup mixed frozen peas and corn

1 tbspn red thai sauce- I use the chili garlic sauce from the grocery store.
1 inch ginger grated
1 tbspn tomato ketchup
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
3 tbspn coconut milk thick
2-3 strings Lemon grass-Optional
little water, approx 1/2 cup and salt to taste, soya sauce has salt

In a wok, take the water, lemon grass and the peas and corn and heat it on medium, this will soften the peas. Meanwhile take  a small bowl, mix in the sauces, sugar and salt and mix well, add this to the peas and corn mixture. then add the macaroni and stir well. Lastly add the coconut milk and cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the lemon grass strings The Thai Macaroni is ready to be served.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Manasi said...

Whatta twist! Italy meets Thailand!
Hope u all had a lovely long weekend!

Priya Suresh said...

Yumm, wat an incredible twist..Loving it..

Square Meals said...

Yummy! The pasta looks creamy and delicious :-)

Aparna

Pasta And Paratha said...

Fusion is back in fashion! delicious macaroni..

Mélange said...

This is such a yummy make of pasta..Loved the idea.First time here.Hope to meet you soon.so am adding you to reader.Cheers!

Julie said...

New way of macaroni..looks simply inviting n creamy!!

Rush in your "Mint & Coriander seeds" entries(EP Series-Apr)
Erivum Puliyum

Manali said...

I love coconut, loved the idea of using coconut milk in macaroni.:)

Manali said...

Loved the idea of using coconut milk in the macaroni..:)

Samta said...

loved the combo - looks so delish!